Sunday, May 21, 2006

brandon

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

//
What is love really? I was quite stunned by the question when someone asked me that. And I thought it is like such a dumb question. Even a baby knows what love is. I wanted to answer then I realized. I do not know the answer! At least not right away, I am the dumb one I guess. The dictionary defines love as a form of emotional attachment. Some people will define love as a form of giving. Some regard it as a sacrifice.

What is love to me? Firstly love is unique. It defeats reason and knows no logic. The only law it knows is being unpredictable, it can comes in all form, all shapes and sizes.

Secondly, love is a little selfish in nature. Yes, all. Most will beg to differ, I cannot blame you. I am a weirdo. No matter how selfless the act of love is, it is selfish. It satisfies your needs or wants.

Lastly, love is something that makes the subject complete. Sounds weird you must be thinking. Imagine when one says 'I love someone or something', in some manner it makes him or her complete. I love freedom, I love to dream, I love to travel, I love to be happy and I love you, because all these makes me complete.

But being complete is not necessary all about benefits. To gain something, one has to give. Maybe one has to give more than one receive or vice versa, but a price will need to be paid. Why the rose is a symbol of love? To me it is most appropriate, because underneath the blazing red passion is thorns, and one will be prickled, just how bad it will be.

Hate not that roses has thorns, love that thorns have roses.


In some things, the start can be the end. Right?

1 LOVevol 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home